Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And We're Off!!!

Howdy folks! It's T-minus 9 hours to Britain and Julie and I are in the airport in Atlanta. Our cohorts are sitting around chit-chatting nervously as we are about to embark on a unique adventure! Julie and I are both excited about what's to come but sad to leave behind our cherished friends and family in South Carolina. 


We arrived at the airport around 4:00 and were greeted by the talented Dr. Nick Radel. He helped us get checked in and then we were through security. Julie and I skillfully navigated the inferno that is the Atlanta airport. Upon arriving in our terminal I sought out my last glass of sweet tea. I walked up to the register and asked for tea and was given a prompt "We don't have that." I retorted back, "Isn't this Atlanta?" Oh well, I suppose the tea can wait for a few months.


Except for all the lovely cups of steaming hot tea that we will enjoy during our afternoon tea times, that is! Hi, Julie here! And I am eagerly awaiting many an afternoon that I will spend drinking tea and eating scones in the lovely land of England!! I can't believe the time has finally arrived! It was very very hard to leave my family at home and all the wonderful people at Furman that I love so much, but I know these three months are going to be full of splendid adventures and it's going to go by SO fast!


Here are some of the things we are most looking forward to during our British adventures:
1. Riding a double-decker bus together.
2. The history
3. Strolling through the British countryside and imagining that I am one of Jane Austen's characters from Pride and Prejudice :)
4. Dining at an authentic British pub
5. Going on a date with Prince Harry (maybe)
6. Meeting Margaret Thatcher
7. Befriending Her Majesty the Queen (to enable #5)
8. The castles
9.  Finding Narnia (I think it's over there somewhere....)
10.  Taking over the conservative party (see #6)


Golly gee, we board the plane in 30 minutes, we better go!
The next time you hear from us, we'll be galavanting through Stratford with Shakespeare!


Yours Truly,
Thomas and Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment